Friday, August 21, 2009

My Macbook is fixed!

I got a Macbook back in 2006. It's a lovely black 13" one and I've used it for tons of stuff and over the years it's served me well. However last year the display started flickering and I took it in for service as I have AppleCare on it. They told me it was a bad inverter cable and they “fixed” it but it soon started doing the same thing. Well, fast forward a year - yes, I have been lazy and lived with it - I decided since my AppleCare expires on Aug. 31 that if I don't get it fixed now it won't ever be. So I took it into Onyx yesterday. The guy told me it would not be looked at until probably Monday or Tuesday of next week, meaning I would be without it for nearly 5 days. No big deal, so I left it.

Then this morning - half a day later! - they called and said it was ready. They replaced the inverter board and, most excellently, replaced the top case which had developed a nasty crack. So now I have a non-flickering computer with a brand-spanking new top case, keyboard and touchpad, which is brilliant!! It looks practically brand-new now so I will be ordering an iSkin to keep it pristine from now on.

So yay for my sort-of new 'puter!

Of course, don't tell it I've been looking at Macbook Pros…

No comments: