Thursday, May 01, 2008

Whither Tex Radar?

Going through my old posts, I'd mentioned something earlier about Tex Radar. That project still lives, but it's taken all sorts of weird permutations. The basic idea is still there; it's a pulpy, adventure-serial spoof using pseudo-science like those old Commando Cody and Flash Gordon series from the 30s and 40s. I originally conceived it as a radio play, and even met with the Atlanta Radio Theatre Company back in 1995 or '96 about doing it. They were mildly interested, but were more keen on me doing free volunteer work with them with little or no creative input; I vetoed that and I'm not even sure they're still around.

Then I put it to rest for nearly a decade as I was too busy doing nothing else to get to it.

Later, when podcasts were invented, I thought that would be fun but was stymied at that stage because I didn't really get excited about having to learn about all the boring technical gewgaws involved in creating a podcast (read: I was being lazy).

Soo…where does that leave this project? It's certainly long been stewing; well over a decade now and still nothing really committed to paper. I think it's worthy of pursuing but I keep having so many irons in the fire that I end up not doing anything but living real life, and to me, that's just not good enough.

I do find it curious that the last time I posted a Tex Radar blog was precisely one year ago today. Weird.

No comments: