Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wow. That was fast!

I can't believe it. Jackson's already graduated from Kindergarten. Has a whole school year passed already? It seems like just yesterday he was nervous, taking Stingy the stuffed Stingray with him in the car as we all went to the school for his first day. He looked smart in his little uniform but I never got very good photos. Now he's done and all the little kids have scattered their separate ways like leaves in the wind, and it's left us with a bit of a sense of loss - or at least me anyway. The end of a school year always did that for me and I find it peculiar to be experiencing it again after not having been in school now for two decades. It's strange; I cannot describe it other than a sense of wistfulness for what has now finished and will not ever happen again, as if I was too caught up in it to experience what it really was, or meant, or felt like.

In any case little man is not quite used to not going to school yet even though last Friday was his last day; I think he keeps waiting to see if he is actually going back. He misses his little friends but hopefully we can get together with them over the summer.

You know how they say "Kids grow up fast, so enjoy them while they're little?" Here's a hint: They're not kidding.

No comments: