Friday, May 01, 2009

New guitar? Possibly…possibly

Well if you know much about me or have been reading this blog at all you’ll know that I won an Epiphone acoustic guitar last year and I’ve been fiddling around trying to learn it. Now that I am firmly entrenched in the awkward stage between beginning and Rock God, I have decided it is time to get another electric guitar. Since I am not going to sleep on a bed of cash every night, I can’t afford to get a nice Fender American Telecaster or Gibson Les Paul. So I’m going to go the cheaper route and get an Epiphone Les Paul Standard through my brother’s music store. I have had no problems with my acoustic, and they’re inspected in the USA by parent company Gibson, so I feel confident that I can at least buy something decent. Plus Patrick can help me pick out one that might be better than the rest, and with the money I save I can upgrade parts of it to the nicer Gibson equivalents and still pay less than one of their USA-made guitars. Don’t get me wrong - I would love to buy American, but in this case it is the difference of about $2000 and I simply don’t have that kind of cash right now.

Check it out and see what you think. It’s still expensive - just not four figures.

Oh and yes, the one I want is hopefully the one you see when you click the link (well, if you click the link which is the title of this post). Why do I want this, you ask, if I’m not really a very good player yet?

The answer, as always, is because. Just because.
:D

Besides, I already have a Japanese Stratocaster, and I want to have something that sounds different.

No comments: